This Privacy Notice explains how we at The Grange Bed and Breakfast in Fort William collect, use, store and destroy any personal information we collect about you. We will never share your information with any third party unless there is a legal obligation to do so. We believe that we are compliant with the General Date Protections Regulations (GDPR) which came into force 25th May, 2018.
What information we collect about you.
The data we collect is provided to us by you or an agent/representative acting on your behalf. It is collected either when you complete forms on our website or our online booking system, send us an email, contact us by telephone or letter or it is provided in person. We are required by law to collect Visitor Registrations and hold them for a period of 12 month.
Information required to complete a booking.
- The full name and address of the person making the booking.
- The email address of the person making the booking.
- Credit/Debit card details (which are stored securely by Stripe) and we can only view the last-4 digits and the expiry date.
The following information can also be provided but it is not mandatory:
- The telephone numbers of the persons making the booking.
- The names of all guests as part of the booking.
- Any addition information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent to your stay (e.g. food or other allergies, dietary requirements, special requirements, etc)
- If you provide Credit/Debit card details over the telephone or in persons these will be entered into our secure payment system. We will not hold your card details other than within the secure payment system.
How we use the information we hold on you.
- Process your booking and provide confirmation details.
- Obtain Payments for our services via credit/debit card.
- Respond to any question or comments via e-mail, telephone or post.
- Provide information that may be useful to you.
- Request feedback about your stay with us, the booking experience and our website. This is sometimes done in conjunction with Trip Advisor and Google reviews.
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you on check-out.
How we Store your data.
Your data is stored on a secure database.
We do not store or capture any personal data that isn’t strictly need for the booking process.
Access to your information.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information please email@example.com
You have the right to request that we delete/destroy any of your personal data that we hold. Subject to our legal obligations to hold visitor registrations for 12 months.
Our website contains links to third party sites, we have no responsibility for, or knowledge of, the privacy and data holding policies of these third party websites, nor of their compliance, or otherwise, with GDPR.
On May 25th 2012 a European Union law was implemented by UK legislation, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, with a requirement that websites that leave non-essential cookies on visitors’ devices have to inform the visitor what these cookies are. This website complies with this law by providing information on the cookies we use so that if you choose you can either modify your browser settings to manage cookies or leave the website.
Non-essential Cookies also enhance our web site performance in a number of ways, personalising your experience on our site, making it more convenient for you.
If you do not wish to disable cookies then you have the option to leave the website.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent in a text file to your computer browser from a website’s server and is then stored on your computer, but only IF your browser’s preferences are set by you to allow it. The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information a user supplies. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
If you are browsing from within a work based network you may not have adequate permissions to allow you to control the cookies that are set.
This site uses the following non-essential cookies:
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These are Google preference cookies, a unique identifier used by Google applications to store user preferences. They may not be delivered depending on the browser being used.